Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of running a 50 shot on my motor but now i think if i can run a 50 shot safely then how much boost could i run instead
so how much boost could i run on an engine with 10.5:1 comp using y7 block with a6 pistons and y7 rods and p+p work on the head?

if i can go with maybe 6-7psi then i think ill go boost
as im new to boosting hondas what will i need for the set up
im gonna be running with a t2 or t25 turbo (which one will be best) i have these lying around from when i used to race renault 5gt turbo's
i also have a fmic from a skyline gtr
what else will i need
an fmu for the fueling?? what ratio most ive seen are 12:1 is that ok for civic's
what about the ecu im running a p06 will i just need a chip?
and what happens with the map sensor?

i know lots of questions but as i say im new to boosting honda's any help would be great
also if ive missed anything

dont forget you guys im in the uk so there aint many civics about never mind boosted ones so if im gonna do this im gonna need some help of you boosters

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
let's see, where to start: personally I'd say go for boost. I've personally always thought of nitrous as cheap horsepower. Don't get me wrong, I respect most of the guys (i say most cause some just buy it because the dude on FNF uses it), but I love the turbos. With that set up, you'd be able to run atleast 6-7 psi. As for between the t2 and the t25, I'm not really sure on the size difference of them. With that, it depends what your goals are. If you want mad power, go with the bigger turbo. But remember that with a bigger turbo, you will get more turbo lag. With a smaller turbo, it will spool up quicker, but you will reach peak horsepower quicker, so that's kind of preference. Again, I'm not sure on which is bigger, so if you can find that out, that will help you immensly. As for the fmu. it's not the best way to do fuel managment, but it will work. And with an fmu, you do not need to chip your ecu. I'll tell you why in a minute. With an fmu, all it does is rise the rate of your fuel with how much boost you're running. There's been varying opinions on which fmu to use. You can get the vortech 8:1, or the vortech 12:1 (i'll use vortech because that's what i'm using, and it'sa very trusted and proven brand). Personally, I suggest the 12:1. but again, that's just my opinion. with the fmu, you'll need to use what's called a "missing link". it's connect through the MAP sensor and it blocks the signal sent to your ecu of how much air flow is going through your engine. if you didn't have this, you car would throw a code because it believes you're getting wayyyy too much air in the engine, and something must be wrong. the missing link is the best way to prevent the code and problems when running and fmu. now the fmu is the cheapest, but if you're looking to boost over 10 psi, or looking for a better tune, go with an OBD-I ecu, and either get hondata, turboEDIT...or....there's one more that you can use... I cna't think of it right now. anyways, these actually will change your maps in your ecu so that you run air/fuel ratios and mixtures straight from the computer.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
uberdata...that's the other chipper you can use. have to give credit where credit is due. :)

K

·
0 Posts
id say if youre only looking to be about 1sec faster go with the bottle. its cheaper and more reliable. if you are trying to be the fastest sohc in ur town go turbo. but get bigger than a greddy kit. cus with forged pistons and rods u will max that turbo out real quick

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
thanks man ;) yeah, i agree FMU is not the most reliable, and electronic devices have their up's and downs. I guess it all depends on how big your goal is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts