Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much boost can you run with a stock ecu for an ok AFR with like a A6 or Z6 or even a b7, question someone asked me didnt quite have a straight answer, i told him i wouldnt boost over 5-6lbs but i want to see how you guys feel about that.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
I wouldn't boost it at all using the stock fuel and timing maps. If you do, you will blow the motor. At a minimum, get the ECU chipped w/ a base map from Crome, Uberdata, etc. then tune it from there. If you're going to go through all the trouble of boosting it, do it right.

Reactions: black94sol

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im staying N/A this is just for someone else ibecause i told em the great guys at DS would have more personal experience advice.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I wouldn't boost it at all using the stock fuel and timing maps. If you do, you will blow the motor. At a minimum, get the ECU chipped w/ a base map from Crome, Uberdata, etc. then tune it from there. If you're going to go through all the trouble of boosting it, do it right.
^What he said. Or, at least get a street tune.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I agree with BoostDeliquent. Also keep in mind that when using a chipped ECU, you'll need injectors to support the ne HP levels, and a different map sensor if you are going to be boosting to levels higher than 10-11PSI.

Craig

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Dont boost on a stock ecu at least get a piggy back or chipped ecu using chrome or honda data.
Piggy backs suck major ass, when I switched form obd2 using a vafc to obd1 on crome it was a night and day difference, so much more power was freed up and the car drove so much better. Dont waste your money on a junky fmu or vafc, do it right the first time and you'll be happy...

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Piggy backs suck major ass, when I switched form obd2 using a vafc to obd1 on crome it was a night and day difference, so much more power was freed up and the car drove so much better. Dont waste your money on a junky fmu or vafc, do it right the first time and you'll be happy...
:stupid:, I had a vafc and a fmu with my charger, the chipped ecu and injectors is 10x better

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
x2.. i woulndt boost on stock ecu.. or injectors.. when i first started doing my turbo setup i asked my tuner to give me a basemap for the stock 240cc injectors.. he laughed and said nope.. even if you are not going to boost it... im not going to help you blow your motor up because everyone gets boost happy...

just do it right get the ecu chipped and get some dsm's

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.