Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across some parts my friend didnt want in his garage anymore, one of which happens to be a t3/t4. Spec are .50/.63 57 Trim. I was wondering if anyone knew how soon you would see 5-7 psi on a stock internaled d-series (RPM)? Im just playing with the thought of throwing it on for kicks...

-KC

·
Registered
99'civic 4D
253 Posts
Start to see boost around 5000 rpm. Full boost 6000 on d16y8!

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
yup....unless u have a built bottem end....and are looking for 350+ WHP goals....that Turbo is a tad bit to large.....for your setup..Spool will be late 4800 RPMS....Full boost at about 6K...Redline at around 7.5K....Not too much of a power band..unless u decided to build your head to increase it....Sounds like your HP goals are lower anyways, Just stick with the 45 Trim....T3's love u long time....hah

·
Registered
91 sedan
2,259 Posts
i wonder what a built non vtec with a pnp head and a sr909 cam would spool at with a 57 trim?

·
Registered
822 Posts
i wonder what a built non vtec with a pnp head and a sr909 cam would spool at with a 57 trim?
I bet you're going to try it and tell us... aren't you? :wink:

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,015 Posts
starts spooling at around 3200...7psi by 4500...25psi by 5500.....and mind you it goes from 0psi to 25psi in less than 3 seconds...i have video proof if you need it lol
holy shit!!! welcome back from the dead man!
so far i havent changed the exhaust on my settup, so its as restrictive as ever with the 2.25 muffler.
so when ryan took a ride with me, thats what he experianced with a 3" downpipe, 2.5" testpipe, to a 2.25" muffler. expect spool time to match fast2camciv with a 3" or better.

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
3 Inch all the way FTW ! :mikej:

·
Registered
108 Posts
holy shit!!! welcome back from the dead man!
so far i havent changed the exhaust on my settup, so its as restrictive as ever with the 2.25 muffler.
so when ryan took a ride with me, thats what he experianced with a 3" downpipe, 2.5" testpipe, to a 2.25" muffler. expect spool time to match fast2camciv with a 3" or better.
^^ lol HI!

haha been real bored at work lately so im whorin up all the old forums again lol

and yea i forgot to point out that what i posted was with a 3" open downpipe...i forget to mention that cause thats just how i allways ran the car..with a full 3" exhaust im sure spool time would be within 2-300 rpms...

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
drunkinmaster: how do you get full boost at ~5500, but keep making power til 7k?? When you hit full boost wouldn't the powerband flatten out?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
just because you hit full boost, doesnt mean that it stops making power...
making 100whp (2000 rpm after hitting full boost) jsut seems a lil extreme to me...

Only boosted car i've been in is mine (so i have no experiece w/ big snails); and about 1000 rpm after i hit full boost i don't feel liek i'm goin any quicker...

I know i seem like a newb, but logic leads me to believe that boost pressure would be (almost) directly correlated to the power curve...

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
making 100whp (2000 rpm after hitting full boost) jsut seems a lil extreme to me...

Only boosted car i've been in is mine (so i have no experiece w/ big snails); and about 1000 rpm after i hit full boost i don't feel liek i'm goin any quicker...

I know i seem like a newb, but logic leads me to believe that boost pressure would be (almost) directly correlated to the power curve...
boost pressure in realtion to torque curve, sure...

browse HT for a few minutes looking at high hp setups. you will see that most keep making power all the way until redline

1 - 20 of 45 Posts