Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
aSluttySingleCam
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im sure the info and answers are out there i just cant seem to find a straight answer.

So first off i have a 96ek running an zc block stuffed with Eagle/ARP/Vitara internals, with a z6 hea and,, y8 intake manifold, and one of those carbon whale penis intakes. Plugged into a chipped p28 ecu. The cars starts and runs ok. But i feel like its laking power. Quite a bit actually and im not sure why.

One answer i got it that the motorcwas built and chippen with the intent to run a turbo set up.So ive gathered and pieced a kit together. But now am unsure how to properly hook it up, bc the compressor doesnt have a nipple on it to plug the wastegate onto. Am also confused as how to hook up catch can the manual boost control i have for it. Like it said in post title ima total noob so any and all info, diagrams, and help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
So im sure the info and answers are out there i just cant seem to find a straight answer.

So first off i have a 96ek running an zc block stuffed with Eagle/ARP/Vitara internals, with a z6 hea and,, y8 intake manifold, and one of those carbon whale penis intakes. Plugged into a chipped p28 ecu. The cars starts and runs ok. But i feel like its laking power. Quite a bit actually and im not sure why.

I know why, and yes the info is out there. Look up Zeal calculator. That will answer you question if you and can solve what 2+2=???

One answer i got it that the motorcwas built and chippen with the intent to run a turbo set up.So ive gathered and pieced a kit together. But now am unsure how to properly hook it up, bc the compressor doesnt have a nipple on it to plug the wastegate onto. Am also confused as how to hook up catch can the manual boost control i have for it. Like it said in post title ima total noob so any and all info, diagrams, and help would be greatly appreciated.

I will be a little nicer about this to a point. First off please go look at the showcase area of the forum. Also you can google how to install your kit. Btw a turbo that doesn't have the nipple on the compressor housing is a good thing. You need to find and use a nipple on the intake manifold for best results.

The catch can is simple. You can be el cheapo McGee and use a monster energy can, a piece of tubing and hook it to your valve cover port. There is only one and its hard to miss. Or you can be baller to the max and get one from go auto works
Hope the helps. Please us the search function, then come back and asked more detailed questions or for clarification.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Lol ......

You cant install it bacause theres no nipple on the turbo.....

Really just stop there, drop the tools and walk away.

Just a bit of real info.
How do you know the motor was built? Or that its not on its way out and going bad.

·
Registered
99 Posts
But i feel like its laking power.
Could be a few variables. Poor tuning, poor cam timing, literally anything else that makes an engine run e.g. spark, fuel, compression, etc. By the way, how do you know it's lacking power? Do you have a baseline for what the power should be? It could just be a slow small displacement engine making all the power it can, and "feels" are hard to diagnose on the internet without data and specific descriptions.

I "feels" like you probably should have a second car on hand if you want to start this project. It's gonna take a while.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hang on, you're running Eagles and Vitaras with a chipped ECU, no turbo and it hasn't been mapped?

·
Registered
420 Posts
You don't need a nipple on the compressor to feed the wastegate. the wastegate could be feed from any vacuum port. Google for images and instructions on how install the manual boost controller

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Could be a few variables. Poor tuning, poor cam timing, literally anything else that makes an engine run e.g. spark, fuel, compression, etc. By the way, how do you know it's lacking power? Do you have a baseline for what the power should be? It could just be a slow small displacement engine making all the power it can, and "feels" are hard to diagnose on the internet without data and specific descriptions.

I "feels" like you probably should have a second car on hand if you want to start this project. It's gonna take a while.
Your missing the point. What is the compression ratio with eagle rods and vitaras? I don't know the exact but I do know it's around 7.XX-8.1:1. Great for boost but sucks without it.

Yes can it be tuned to help negate some of the suckyness, maybe. But till he boosts, he is pissing in the wind.

But I don't agree on the second car part lol

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Thanks rob, that clears it right up for me...you guys?

I mean the picture, the nipple part can't be true....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll go after the "my engine feels down on power" part of the question. First check the ignition timing, make sure it wasn't retarded for some reason. Then do a compression test. All of the cylinders should be about the same. The higher the number the more power you can possibly make. If the engine was "built" for boost the compression will be lower and feel "sluggish" for a built motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts