Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running 10psi on my 95civic, i am using a greddy turbo kit and a manual ebay boost controller. Everytime i go on boost the guage shows 10psi then goes to 7psi. What could cause this problem?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
turbobrain said:
I am running 10psi on my 95civic, i am using a greddy turbo kit and a manual ebay boost controller. Everytime i go on boost the guage shows 10psi then goes to 7psi. What could cause this problem?
Boost leak somewhere in the piping or a faulty wastegate (or boost controller).

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked for boost leak and i did have any. Could it be that my actuator is too small, because i heard that the greddy kit comes with a 5psi actuator and the actuator can keep the boost.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, the manual controllers are horrible, the don't properly maintain boost. they cause sags and spikes both. Do it right, get yourself an electronic unit like aprofect-b or something and be done with it. or else you take a chance on it spiking one day and killing your motor.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never had a problem with my manual boost controller with boost spikes. It could be your wastegate spring it may be set a like you said at 5psi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts