Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked my setup for leaks today. I got all the leaks in the intercooler piping fixed. It held 40psi steady for 30mins before I let it out.

Now my problems:

Pressurized the compressor housing and IC piping together and air was escaping into the crankcase. Is this normal/will it seal while running, or will I have to rebuild it?

I pressurized the intake manifold and I have leaks between the IACV and manifold which I'm ordering a new seal tomorrow to see if that fixes it. Also It's leaking between the TB and TPS sensor also around where the throttle cable attaches to the throttle body. Are there seals in the throttle body I can replace? Or should I just look into replacing the throttle body all together?

·
Registered
69 Posts
how many pounds are you using to pressurize the intake manifold and compressor housing? I think 40psi is too high and that lead you to think the turbo seals/shaft play are bad when its not. Test it again with lower pressure ( 20 psi). Spray some soapy water mix to pinpoint leak(s) at the intake manifold/throttle body.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
I just barely put over 10psi into the compressor housing. I used soapy water in a spray bottle to find the leaks. I guess i should have been more specific.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Just fix the gaskets. There is one for the tps. It's paper and they do go bad.

The leak into the crank case could be rings or valve streams. A leak down test is needed.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just fix the gaskets. There is one for the tps. It's paper and they do go bad.

The leak into the crank case could be rings or valve streams. A leak down test is needed.
Its leaking from the compressor housing into the crankcase. The ic piping was disconnected at the throttle body. Has to be a bad seal in the turbo.

Is the paper gasket on the tps the only seal? Or are there others internally?

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Its leaking from the compressor housing into the crankcase. The ic piping was disconnected at the throttle body. Has to be a bad seal in the turbo.

Is the paper gasket on the tps the only seal? Or are there others internally?

Should just be a paper gasket that looks like a wastegate one just smaller.

2 bolts and big hole in the middle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts