Registered
1990 civic crx
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
I dunno man. For that price I think you can do better than that. Not dissing that kit though. I'm sure you could piece together an hmt kit that would be just as effective as that one. But that's just my $.02 I'm still reading a lot about boost.

But then again, that kit includes an intake manifold but I'm not sure how neccesary that is. Like I said, an hmt kit will probably be cheaper but just as effective.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
Meh, piggybacks aren't all that great. Tuning you ecu will be more beneficial.

And shouldn't this be in FI??????? Moved possibly???

·
Registered
1990 civic crx
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i got a civic crx light ass car dnt need more than like mayb 200 whp so its not hard to get that and i dnt wanna eat the milage of my car up 2 bad gunna b a daily driver i can still plow a few dual cams with back home u no wat i mean ?

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
You'll be able to keep your mpg's (if that's what you're talking about) tuning does wonders. There are some 350whp civics here that still get 32mpg's.

I'd try to stay away from that 250hp goal on stock internals. Especially if that's your daily. I would look at piecing a kit together if all you're wanting is 200hp. It'll be cheaper for you.

·
Registered
1990 civic crx
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i have a built block lo comp je pistons jus sitting in my garage so ill swap my blocks arp head studs and i should b good for 250 whp im told i dnt no cuz ive never done a boost build its been n/a builds

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
Well shit. You should be fine for 250. Have fun with your build. Go lurk around in the FI section for build ideas and tips. Reading can be fun.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Then put the built block in the car and have some fun you will want more power and leave that junk ass piggy back alone. A properly tuned ECU will give you great gas milage and proper fuel and timing adjustments. Hell I get about 29mpg and my tuner could do some more leaning out of my map and my friend he put down 292 he gets about 37mpg.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
For that price man you can get a ballin autoworks kit. Check out their site. They're an affiliate here.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts