Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tomarrow i get my new crank kit to install since i spun a bearing and it messed the crank up....and the motor has about 2000 since i built it up...was wondering since im puttin in the new crank and bearings if i should wait to put the turbo back on like i did last time or throw it on and drive it normal and not beat on it for awhile....

My Setup
D16Y8
Eagle Rods (ARP Rod Bolts)
Unorthadox Undrive Pully
YCP Turbo Pistons
Hastings Ring
ARP Head Studs
OBX Cam Gear
Cooper Head Gasket or OEM (Have not made choice which one to use)
OBX Turbo Mani
T3 Turbo
OBD1 Converison (Uberdata)
7lb Flywheel
Stage 2 Clutch
Full Msd Ignition
NGK Iriduim Plugs
Y8 Intake
DSM 450 Injectors
1g BOV

Think thats about it for engine stuff prob left some stuff out...

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
you should break the motor in without boost. break it in like you would break in a new motor.

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
boost it immediately. waiting to boost never a good thing. you could be going much faster. haha

edit: break in the motor first. i like to try to be funny.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
I broke mine in on boost! Warmed it up, brought the revs up to 3k for about 20 minutes. Changed the oil. Took it down the street at moderate throttle up to 6k and back a few times. Within a week (300 miles) she was seeing 10psi. 5k miles on it now and rocking 17psi.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well we will see....dont want to end up messin it up...still think it was the machine shops fault...i had them micro polish the crank and were suppose to check everything else but i dont think they checked it for balance cuz it spun rod 1 and beat the shit out the mains...but all other rods were clean

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
my boy put a turbo on a newly rebuilt motor but keep the car out of boost for the first 800miles I think it was..he is now at 20psi on his ride.
If you put it back together and then put the boost on later you are doing double the work escentially..
Good luck man....

R

·
0 Posts
Bizzar said:
I broke mine in on boost! Warmed it up, brought the revs up to 3k for about 20 minutes. Changed the oil. Took it down the street at moderate throttle up to 6k and back a few times. Within a week (300 miles) she was seeing 10psi. 5k miles on it now and rocking 17psi.
Thats the way to do it! I've never broken in a turbo car without boosting it. Alot depends on the use of the motor, as to how hard and what boost levels I use during break in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts