Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my boost gauge teed off the the fpr and now my boost gauge instead of starting and zero starts at 10 on the negative side of the zero and goes to about 2 psi when i rev it. i turn it off and it goes back to zero.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
You really only need one thread.
But is the boost line bent/picthed in anyway?
Is ot a clear hose?
Also the boost gauge should be at 0inhg with the car off
Around 20inhg @ idle
And then when the turbo spools it should start going up in psi.

Also what kind of gauge? Bar, psi, inhg/psi ,psia?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know i am horrible at posting sorry but thanks for dealing with me. I am running 8 psi and it doesnt make it back to that. i am running clear hose....i have it teed off the fpr which is ran back into the where the original. when am reving it isnt making it back to 0

·
Registered
476 Posts
Depending on the quality/accuracy of the gauge and it's scale with the engine off it should be at zero. At idle you should be on the negative (vacuum) side of zero. 10 inches of vacuum at idle is low. Reving the engine in neutral should take you from vacuum to zero and back to vacuum as the engine slows. You shouldn't see positive pressure with a turbo unless under load. Personally I would never tee of the fpr for anything.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'll go ahead and second the "clear lines" might not be a good idea thing, While I assume someone might make good clear vacuum/boost line, I have not seen or used it.

JGTC-EG

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking of using brake lines for my vacuum lines. had anyone tried this or is it a bad idea?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I was thinking of using brake lines for my vacuum lines. had anyone tried this or is it a bad idea?
Go to autozone and ask for some vacuum hose. Bring the tee fitting with you. They will sell it to you for about $1 a foot.
Replace all your clear line with the new rubber one from autozone and call it a day.
You dont need brake line or any of that stuff.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Fastenal sell good clear line to be use with vacumm couplings, they actually sell them in a bunch of color to match depending on your color set up. They all cost the same, except the clear one, for some reason it is more expensive than the color ones. good thing is that you can re used them and it makes them easy to connect/disconnect.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Go to autozone and ask for some vacuum hose. Bring the tee fitting with you. They will sell it to you for about $1 a foot.
Replace all your clear line with the new rubber one from autozone and call it a day.
You dont need brake line or any of that stuff.
you ever use the copper shit made for gauges? ive had great success with that stuff in the past ,its just a pain in the ass to route . By clear are you talking about the whiteish line that comes with most gauges

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
you ever use the copper shit made for gauges? ive had great success with that stuff in the past ,its just a pain in the ass to route . By clear are you talking about the whiteish line that comes with most gauges
Dont like copper lines. Always used thick colored silicone then swith to normal rubber lines since its cheaper.
Clear as in vinly. Most gauges come with it and its heats up n cracks or gets suck in and collapse.
I had s car with one of the clear hose and it suck itself in and the gauge was reading 30inhg at idle and the needle movement was very slow. I turn off the.car amd it takes ain for the gauge to move back up to zero.

So since then color silicone or normal rubber hose.
I stay away from clear lines.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Don't T ANYTHING off your FPR line. Just FYI.
I hear that all the time but i wonder.
While in vac the t will lower the vacuum on the reg which will make the fuel psi higher, but while in boost it shpuld no effect.
So you would just be on the rich side in NA right?
Other then that what other bad things r there?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts