Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided it was time for alittle fun while I'm getting my L up and running so I went ahead and got a JRSC for my 88 CRX Si. Got the SC from wfocrx on Monday, so yesterday I took it to work and did alittle work to it. Polished up the intake runners alittle bit, and inspected the rotors. They have alittle flaking going on but it really shouldn't be a big deal right this second.

I've been doing some research(a lot actually) and have decided to run turboedit with a chipped PM6 courtiousy of Xenocron. After reading some of the horror stories on here about non chipped/FMU set ups on here I figured do it once, do it right. Chris from Xenocron made me a basemap for my set up and I went ahead I ordered their self tuner package. Included Wideband LC-1, Eprom burner. As far as I know no one around my area will tune turboedit so I figured I would learn myself.

My basemap at this point consist of stock 6psi boost, stock injectors, stock pressure but I have a FPR I can throw on there if need be. Just going to be running the basemap for now until I get a weekend when I can start to learn to tune. As soon as I get the charger on, the ecu and package in, and my new belt(ordered 3 for extras) from Moss Motors, I'll post up pics of it all.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Get some bigger injectors, at least some DSM auto 390cc's.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you think 310s would be gravy for this setup? I want to keep this pretty reliable so I am taking advise where I can get it. I really don't plan on upping the boost at all right now, just keep it simple.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
nevermind, just did the math... 390 would be a better bet. it would be a one time deal of an upgrade for the injectors. 310's would work for the stock jrsc set-up, but if you wanted to upgrade to more boost, they would be maxed out before you got too much further.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
gl man, good to see another jrsc on here

im running rc 440's on mine but im running at 7.5 lbs of boost instead of the 6, if you ever plan on upping the boost which you most likely will b/c boost is addictive go ahead and get the 440's or dsm 450's, it will save you money in the long run man

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pete-Nothing crazy, just looking for alittle extra power when I'm cruising. I'm not drag racing it, its my DD right now full weight, sound system. Just want it to be reliable as possible. I'm thinking when I dyno it after I tune it I would like to hit 135 whp or so.

branden-thx for luck, I may need it with the tuning hehe

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I kinda got a dumb question now and sorry if this has been covered a million times but header wise, I know they are important to let the SC breathe but will help disippate heat? I'm not looking for a loud ass exhaust I have a pretty much stock crx, just SRI and a custom exhaust shop muffler.

I've heard the Kamakazie header is the way to go for the jrsc, kinda curious if one of those ebay 4-1 will do? I would rather run the stock header for the noise factor but if it will help dissipate heat I'm all for it

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
im just running a dc 4-1 that i wrapped for better heat dissipation, i'm also running w/ a test pipe and custom exhaust and it's kinda loud. the kami's i hear give you better performance, but my dc's work fine for me

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
branden you know any sites that sell the kami header? I'm having a lot of trouble locating one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well went ahead and grapped the 390s, and ordered up a Mugen 4-1 header. We will see how she does...I'm planning the install tomorrow. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah looks like its cake but you'll never know what problems may arise considering I'm tuning myself lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was always interested in a the JRSC set ups just didn't prove to have enough power to justify spending 1200$ on a kit but I have always wanted to do one(if I could of found a good priced used one). It would make for a good auto X car. get some pics up cause

:TTIWWP:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alright so here is where I'm at. Got everything together except a few of the vaccum lines that I am confused about. Besides that I have a question.

How did you guys get your TPS sensor and IAC sensor plugs extended? Did you just crimp the wires and extend them? I'm pretty confused on that aspect but otherwise it has gone pretty smooth.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts