Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a built d16y8 that has been tuned on 22 pounds with a 3 inch down pipe and 2 1/4 inch exhaust. It ran good after the tune, later on down the road I changed the exhaust out for a 3 inch and ever since I changed it out in third gear at full boost it cuts in and out the boost fluctuates rapidly up and down once it's above 19 pounds. It is tuned with hondata s300 and boost is set by gear, 2nd gear is set at 19 pounds and runs smoothly through the rpms but when you get into 3rd it starts out smooth until you get into higher boost. Someone told me I may have to up the fuel pressure a bit, so I tried it and it seemed a little better but still cutting in and out. I know I'm going to have to get retuned probably but I just wanted to see what your opinions would be on this.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
when you changed the dp it messes with the tune.
the bigger dp lets the turbo spool much faster. and my guess the cutting out is the tune being off from the change.
when you change stuff like this it is a good idea to get a retune. its the safest to be. since if the turbo is making boost much faster its leaning out somewhere in the rpms

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
your hondata is confused. if you changed your exhaust from a 2 1/4 to a full 3" then your turbo is obviously going to spool quicker and sooner throughout your whole power band.
your s300 seems to be confused from the boost difference and must be trying to compensate for the extra boost. remember, boost by gear is basically and ecu controlled boost controller via solenoids.
you really should get a retune. your most likely running leaner than before in 3rd gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts