Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finished my jdm z6 swap put the turbo back on and when outta boost it runs really sluggish outta boost
SPECS:
Jdm d16zc vtec
ArP headstuds
Y8 head gasket
.50 trim turbo
5psi
Stock injectors
No tune

If any one knows what it might be let me kno. And yes I kno I need bigger injectors and a tune

·
Registered
My Civic
861 Posts
i used to run like that in my ek, i ended up putting 390 dsm injectors it took care of it, but i do recommend a chipped ecu 450's and a tune from a good tuner i learned the hard way, popped 4 motors :-\ as much as i spent in motors i could went to a tuner and got the problem cured.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok sounds like it's pretty narrowed down then. Thanks for all the input. Hopefuly I can scrounge up 800 more dollars to get my s300 and some injectors

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
What car do you have?
If you have a OBD0 car, get yourself the needed parts and run TurboEdit.
If OBD1/2, Crome is better than nothing.

If you can't afford a tune, you can't afford a boosted car.
Take that turbo off, your just gonna fuck yourself over leaving it on.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
and when outta boost it runs really sluggish outta boost
No tune

If any one knows what it might be let me kno. And yes I kno I need bigger injectors and a tune
yeah, but how does it run 'outta boost':wacko:

basemaps are hit and miss, i had one that i couldn't let my clutch out completely without stalling, another basemap ran just like stock with bigger injectors & 5psi.
get it tuned, you shouldn't drive more than necessary on a basemap.

and hondata for stock motor and 50 trim is a waste of money.
just get it tuned by someone that knows what they are doing.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
fuck crome dont go cheap because your just going to be back here in a few weeks with a blown motor cause you ran your car lean hontata 200 and you have your tune...god how hard is it to do the engine management
dude ive seen alotta ppl running chrome and no issuses with the tune.... dig alittle deeper holmes and youll see..... ectune,neptune,uber,chrome are all good for tuning....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts