Boost creep problems

3K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  d~nice 
#1 ·
Setup:
stock b18 ls with arp head studs and rod bolts
Pfab manifold
Ebay turbo.48
Turbonetics deltagate mark 2 wastegate with 3-5psi spring no boost controller

This is a new motor(only 600 miles) when I geton it it builds 8psi then falls off to three yhen back to 8 and does this over and over until about 4800 then stays at 4psi until shift then srarts all over

I have checked my piping and have no boost leaks what else could it be besides creep and how do I cure it

#24 ·
So its surging up 4psi above gate. It drops back to regular after 4500? Or 5k. So after peak torque.

To much fuel. Horrible ignition timing and that 48ar sounds like it has something to do with it. Just a suspision. If the wastegate is 100% that is. Lake sure the shaft is clean and pressure test it and see how iy responds. Set a regulator and bump it. If the valve doesn't pulse right you can tell.

#29 ·
Im pretty sure I used a 3/8 NPT bit threaded side to go into the piping. With the other side 1/8 or somthing for the wastegate line. To drill it you can use a 37/64 drill bit to get it drilled out. Then get the 3/8 npt tap and you should be all set.

I know it took me a min to figure out what i needed so I hope this helps.

Moeller 03343410 1/8 NPT x 3/8 Brass Baeb

#31 · (Edited)
I think the sizes in the link above are messed up and I might be wrong about the 1/8 size just check the size of your line and make sure it sits tight on the barb.

shows the barb stickin out of the piping. The barb can be placed in any piping b4 the throttle body and connects to the wastegate.

Kinda hard to see. And i didnt take a good pic of this when setting it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.