Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Setup:
stock b18 ls with arp head studs and rod bolts
Pfab manifold
Ebay turbo.48
Turbonetics deltagate mark 2 wastegate with 3-5psi spring no boost controller

This is a new motor(only 600 miles) when I geton it it builds 8psi then falls off to three yhen back to 8 and does this over and over until about 4800 then stays at 4psi until shift then srarts all over

I have checked my piping and have no boost leaks what else could it be besides creep and how do I cure it

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Well to start you should have the wastegate signal coming from after the intercooler (i.e. cold side charge pipe). This will help with the "sag" up top.

It sound to me like you have a boost leak though. Check your couplers and clamps.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well to start you should have the wastegate signal coming from after the intercooler (i.e. cold side charge pipe). This will help with the "sag" up top.

It sound to me like you have a boost leak though. Check your couplers and clamps.
See I thought this also I had it gettingg vacum from the intake mani and it did the same thing so I called tubonetics and they told me to run it straight to the turbo

And ive pressurized my piping with 20psi over night with no leak down

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not yo sure on that man. Wg placement is good on the manifold and if the dump is opem it should have no problem breathing. Only over boosting around mid rpm? 3k-4.5ish?
It over boosts then falls off over and over until about 4500 rpm then just runs 4 psi

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
See I thought this also I had it gettingg vacum from the intake mani and it did the same thing so I called tubonetics and they told me to run it straight to the turbo
Dont listen to anything Turbonetics says, ever.

You dont really wnat to get it from the Intake manifold either. You want to get it from the cold side charge pipe.

Tell me about the rest of the setup.
How is it tuned, what injectors, whats the exhaust like, anything done to engine internals, etc.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dont listen to anything Turbonetics says, ever.

You dont really wnat to get it from the Intake manifold either. You want to get it from the cold side charge pipe.

Tell me about the rest of the setup.
How is it tuned, what injectors, whats the exhaust like, anything done to engine internals, etc.
Its got a basemap/street tune done by my buddy in lynchburg im running rc 550s and a walboro 255 the exaust is a stock gutted cat with 2.5 run back with no muff and the motor is 100% stock except head studs and rod bolts ebay pipe kit with jdm sport intercooler

1 - 20 of 31 Posts