1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw some boost controllers in ebay .

From the $600 Greddy e-01

to the $22 turbotech MBC

i want to know if its worth it ? getting an electronic boost controller like AVC-R blitz SBC or is it fine to just get the turbotech manual boost controller and run a single standard boost level . really confusing .

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I've heard of spiking problems with electronic boost controllers...but come to think of it, i've heard of them with manual ones too...either way that cheap one on e-bay can be made for less...check around the forum and you should be able to find it...

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Greddy profec B spec 1 is the way to go..

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I am running Turbnetics Manual boost controller and it works great for me.. I spent $40..

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
have nothin but good thins about Hallman manual boost controllers. the Greddy type-s is pretty damn solid performing too.

the Hallman runs about ~90.00 and the Greddy about ~260.00:beer:

A

·
0 Posts
Can't you only run an electronic boost controller with an internal wastegate?

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
accordhybrid said:
Can't you only run an electronic boost controller with an internal wastegate?
nope not true

A

·
0 Posts
I had read I think on turbod16 that manual boost controllers don't work well with internal wastegates. This was on the edelbrock kit.

·
Registered
838 Posts
accordhybrid said:
I had read I think on turbod16 that manual boost controllers don't work well with internal wastegates. This was on the edelbrock kit.

i have a greddy kit on my d15, i purchased the ebay mbc and it over boosts my engine. ive read alot of greddy users is also have the same problem. for now i use the wastegate arm to raise/lower boost

O

·
0 Posts
you can get Profec-B spec1 for about $120 or less used on ebay in good shape. look around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts