Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, got the car running over the weekend. Just need to do a little more fine tuning. Here's the setup:

D16Z6
Apexi turbo kit
Turbo Smart single stage boost controller

the turbo is internally gated. When I'm on low boost, the waste gate holds steady at five psi. When I'm on high boost I can only hit 12 psi. No matter how much more I change the boost controller, I'm stuck at 12 psi. This boost controller was working perfect for me when I was still on a stock motor(five psi low and 10 psi high). What could my problem be?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Sounds like you don't have something connected right, or the solenoid can't handle anymore flow.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
someone on the board, i think it is kit88, is running 15 psi with the same kit/WG. so i think it might be your first idea.
Yeah, I typed the wrong thing, but diden't correct it in time. Even then the solenoid not handleing it would only make sense if you have it mounted wayyyy to far away from the wastegate.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
actually, the solenoid is probably over a foot away. Would that be enough to make a difference? Will doublecheck the vacuum lines and move it closer to see if it helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts