Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a question setting up a boost controller.
I got the MBC from a friend, and at the bottom it has a sticker that says "arrow points towards wastegate actuator".
Im lost haha.
What i was thinking of doing was hooking up the top port (on MBC) up to the nipple on my turbo, and the bottom one (the port next to the arrow) to my wastegate (turbo has internal wastegate).

Would that work?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
yes it will work. but got to remember the boost will not be the same at the turbo and at the MAP sensor.just something to think about. many people run it how your have it setup and many dont. i personally have never ran from the turbo nipple.
but yes you can do that with no real issues

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
no matter how you hook it up it wont work.

the arrow is actually useless because there is NOTHING inside that unit except a needle valve.

this MBC is a knockoff thats built wrong, its supposed to be a bleed style, but there is no bleed. its either open or closed.

the OTHER T piece that comes with it will have a sticker on it with an arrow, its pointing the wrong way, that piece actually has a ball and spring in it, but isnt adjustable, and takes ALOT of pressure to unseat the ball so its useless aswell.

throw this thing away, or waste your time playing with it, either way, you'll end up throwing it away.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
560 Posts
Its made as a bleeder you install a T in between your pressure source and wastegate with the T going to the bottom nipple of the controller, let the top nipple vent to atmosphere then you can open or close the valve, DO NOT USE the T fitting that comes with these as they are fucked up the arrow on the T is backwards and even when i had mine facing the wrong way i still had spikes some how.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
same one i HAD per a few referrals here, didnt work worth crap. wastegate pressure, slightly above (3-4psi) or HUGE boost, adjustments are very coarse, and innacurate.

i took mine off, if anyone wants it $10...
me and several freinds run this boost controler...not one of us have had a problem with it.... as with any ball and spring controller you may need to cut the spring shorter or stretch it longer for your desired settings

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh ok so in other words, its complete garbage.
LOL
I guess i'll look around for a new MBC.
I've heard a lot of good things about Nxs boost controlers.
I might give them a try.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
me and several freinds run this boost controler...not one of us have had a problem with it.... as with any ball and spring controller you may need to cut the spring shorter or stretch it longer for your desired settings
the problem was the adjustments are too coarse, well, kind of. with the spring JUST touching i was getting 14-15psi, turn it like half a turn and it goes to like 20+psi, had boost cut as high as 25psi, still hit boost cut at half a turn. i think shortening the spring would make it worse, unless i shortened it and then stretched it, but thats too much trial/error/risk for me.

Oh ok so in other words, its complete garbage.
LOL
I guess i'll look around for a new MBC.
I've heard a lot of good things about Nxs boost controlers.
I might give them a try.
Thanks guys!
i have a turboxs mbc i'll sell for $35 shipped. i've decided to use PWM boost control with the ECU....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts