Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to figure out why i keep throwing a CEL when i boost.

Im running off my wasteegate at 10psi. I can make pulls but if i hold boost it will throw a CEL.

Im running a stock MAF sensor. Do i need to get aftermarket? or is it in my tune i have set up?

Please help

Its only when i make pulls in 3rd, 4th, and 5th. !st and 2nd dont have any problems, only when making long pulls.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
What engine? Did you check the code that your ecu is throwing?

On our stock map sensors, they can only read up until about 7lbs, IIRC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a d17y5

Im hitting 10psi. I havent checked the code yet, just wondering if thats because i still have stock maf sensor.

im running 10 on a stock one now.

Idk if my wastegate sping is going out and getting a little above 10psi or if its just my MAF sensor trying to read the excess PSI

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
Stock map sensor can only read 0.5bar. That's about 7psi. You're 3psi above what it can read. Check the code and make sure it's the map sensor code that the ECU is throwing. You gotta go through the steps, you can't just guess. You need at least a 3bar map sensor. Hit up the search bar and type in map sensor and see what threads pop up.

Also check this out for options on a new map sensor. www.xenocron.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will check the Code this afternoon and let you know!

Its gotta be the MAP sensor. It only throws codes when i hit 10psi. I can drive all day under 10psi and nothing. Ill keep you posted with my findings

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its all Fixed!!

my Map sensor was damaged in the connection. Threw in the 4bar and everything is perfect! Ganked my buddys skunk 2 4 bar and replaced with my broken one on! haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MY MF sensor was Failing due to the Connections in the Sensor itself. Im but on Boost controller and boosting right at 15 now and havent had a CEL come on yet

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
Interesting. I'm glad it's not throwing a code though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts