Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 98 hatch with a d16y8 vitara build. Will be making around 400 wheel. The car is going to be tuned on Neptune and i would like to do boost by gear. the goal is a 10.99. I know i will have the power its just a matter of putting the power to the ground and driving the car. So my question is, after the car is dyno tuned and the boost by gear is all set, when i blow a trans and find another $70 marketplace replacement and its got slightly different gear ratios does that mean the car will need re tuned? Excuse my ignorance this is my first build and i would ask the tuner but he is hard to get a hold of.

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,215 Posts
It will be different. Any change you make will make a difference.

Could you get away with it? I would say yes.

If you're talking the difference between a Z6 / Y8, it's marginal. In fact, a lot of tuning programs have those trans gear ratios pre-set as the same...although they are different.

Would it bother me? Probably. It would probably drive me nuts because of OCD. If I over-fill my oil 2 oz., I drain it out of the pan. Which is why I recommend learning the ins-and-outs of tuning. You could totally fix it with very little effort that way. Especially with 99% of the tune already done. You'd just be tidying it up, really.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be different. Any change you make will make a difference.

Could you get away with it? I would say yes.

If you're talking the difference between a Z6 / Y8, it's marginal. In fact, a lot of tuning programs have those trans gear ratios pre-set as the same...although they are different.

Would it bother me? Probably. It would probably drive me nuts because of OCD. If I over-fill my oil 2 oz., I drain it out of the pan. Which is why I recommend learning the ins-and-outs of tuning. You could totally fix it with very little effort that way. Especially with 99% of the tune already done. You'd just be tidying it up, really.
Thanks man! definitely feel that boost by gear is essential if i wanna get 10s

1 - 3 of 3 Posts