Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running the Greddy 15G setup.... I am running NGK BKR7E and they are gapped to .028 I was just wondering what everyone else is running? or what is the best gap in your experiences? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
my bkr7e's were .028 out of the box, i left them as-is and they are doing great for the past several months

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
20psi at .022

What are the benefits of having them gapped larger? Better mpg? I am only getting 20mpg in city
your tune might be to rich at 20mpgs. haveing them gapped to big and the boosted air can blow out the spark and not ignigte the fuel. on the other hand having it to small of a gap, your not igniting all of the fuel and only getting a partial burn. i suggest opening them up a bit. try .028 and out of boost you should be getting close to thesame mpg's you had before

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Most people will find that a gap of under .035" but not much less than .030" will work well for most setups making less than 200ft/lbs of torque. I prefer to keep my gaps as wide as posible, so I start at .040" and take them down if I experience any issues, but, I haven't messed with high boost, so, that is also a factor (under 11PSI, since I am using a stock MAP sensor).

·
Registered
613 Posts
.028 has been doing me good at 204ft/lb. Inconsistent misfire due to being waaay rich.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts