Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4.8 lb pork loin (not tenderlion) before trimming, Krogers so it is injected before packing....

After resting for 45 minutes...

still lots of juice running out!

Chicken Thighs (boneless) one jumped out and onto my fork :)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I need to make my way up there one day for some of this awesome looking food.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
fuck!! that pork looks good!!

I always cook my chicken on a rack as I dont like it sitting in the pool of whatever. That way it cooks both sides and not have the boiled bottom. Just my opinion.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fuck!! that pork looks good!!

I always cook my chicken on a rack as I dont like it sitting in the pool of whatever. That way it cooks both sides and not have the boiled bottom. Just my opinion.
I could flip it, used to add chicken broth. Instead I just trim the fat quickly with scissors, sprinkle rub on the bottom, lay them in, sprinkle on more rub. Cook for 1-1.5 hours at 225-230, then cover in foil until 175-180 IT (internal temp).

By sitting in the fat the meat stays nice and juicy, or "waterlogged" in some opinions. Since I generally shred it for use in other meals, it is not an issue.

Like stir frying some veggies, then tossing in the cut up chicken for tortillas. Or tossing the chicken in some steamed veggies and serving over a bed of rice.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
539 Posts
Damn, I thought you were hosting a BBQ. Food looks great.
I need to get out and assess the winter damage to the smoking gear. I am trying to get out and get some kohos, to smoke.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
I'm going to have to come over sometimes as I'm always in Ohio. Looks delicious! :lol:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Same here!

Does that mean your 2014 stuff isn't up to par?
New year, new trials.

I'm going to have to come over sometimes as I'm always in Ohio. Looks delicious! :lol:
Bored cooking for one, easier to cook large piece of meat, slice and chill of freeze.

I did a pork butt just this last weekend. Going to smoke chicken thighs.
My "pan" is loosely based on Myron Mixon's cupcake chicken.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.