Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys from germany :)

Im very close to buy a nice d16z6 swap with around 170.000 kilometers on it in a probably very good condition (~500€). No oil/water burning, good stock HP with all parts to fit in any EG chass.

Now my question, i want to turbo it to get ~200 horses. Here in germany it's not that easy to do that because of the short amount of honda tuners. When i grab the engine next week with my mechanic, im up to disassemble the engine and check the gaskets and so on... If its really in this good condition, what would you guys do to get 200hp for street fun to fuck up some BMW, AUDI, VW :tank:

best regards! :rockon:

·
Registered
13 Posts
NICE:)
Well i had a JDM d15b turbo build, which is basically the same which dynoed at 220hp and 184lbs torque.
What i had done to that stock internal engine was a CX racing turbo kit 10lbs of boost, AEM Fuel rail, AEM intake, Walboro 255 fuel pump, Ostrich programmer/tuner (used chrome free to tune it) 440cc injectors, i think thats all i had done to it, hope it helps they are fun little cars :D

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
NICE:)
Well i had a JDM d15b turbo build, which is basically the same which dynoed at 220hp and 184lbs torque.
What i had done to that stock internal engine was a CX racing turbo kit 10lbs of boost, AEM Fuel rail, AEM intake, Walboro 255 fuel pump, Ostrich programmer/tuner (used chrome free to tune it) 440cc injectors, i think thats all i had done to it, hope it helps they are fun little cars :D
I would do the same thing, plus a cam. I think you can run a aftermarket d16z6 cam in a d15b.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are plenty of threads on here about 200hp builds, do your research young grass hopper
X2 on that ^^
What are you wanting to use the car for? Whats your budget? That can help us figure out which direction to point you in. But as stated above research is your best friend.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I like it when I get told what parts I need, instead of researching. " VTEC gets you laid "
and one day someone will tell you to fuck off and you'll get butthurt because you're too lazy to do your own research.

OP - 200hp is near the limits of stock rods. It can and has been done for long amounts of time and lots of miles, but really everything comes down to how good your tune is.

If I were you..... I would get some aftermarket rods just for piece of mind.

but ya.... searching is good too. DSO has loooots of great info about almost everything you could ever want to do to one of these engine/cars

1 - 8 of 8 Posts