Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody ever heard of BOMZ racing? im lookin at a underdrive crank pulley.

check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-97-98-99-00-Honda-Civic-SOHC-Underdrive-Crank-Pulley_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38656QQihZ008QQitemZ180068392447QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol well they do seem kinda useless...i was jus wondering. the majority wins ill go find something better to purchase.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
they do gain power and thats a fact. ut it has a price. it wears bearings in an odd way and in my case a rod shot out the front due to an underdrive pulley.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I would think the only time to ever change the underdrive pulley from stock would be if you have a blower on the car.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
yeah ive heard of bomz. i know someone who sells their products. i have their gt spec muffler. i think some of their stuff is pretty decent like strut tower braces.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i actually have the bomz under drive crank pulley. it does give you more power cause of the lighter pulley. but theres a small drawback cause with it being smaller, it wont charge your battery very well. i have to put my battery on the charger every now and then other wise my car wont stay running. Again you will gain power, in my setup, i dropped 1.3 in compression ratio due to different pistons, and i added the under drive pulley and a fidanza 7lb flywheel, and even with the drop in compression, i still had more power than before. so i like the bomz underdrive. if i had to do it again, id get the unorthodox KIT, cause the bomz dont come with the alternator pulley. thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
i actually have the bomz under drive crank pulley. it does give you more power cause of the lighter pulley. but theres a small drawback cause with it being smaller, it wont charge your battery very well. i have to put my battery on the charger every now and then other wise my car wont stay running. Again you will gain power, in my setup, i dropped 1.3 in compression ratio due to different pistons, and i added the under drive pulley and a fidanza 7lb flywheel, and even with the drop in compression, i still had more power than before. so i like the bomz underdrive. if i had to do it again, id get the unorthodox KIT, cause the bomz dont come with the alternator pulley. thats my 2 cents

i could see that^^^^. i've often thought of a lower compression setup utilizing the lightest of components.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
as long as you dont increase the displacement or add FI by moding your car for HP you are just making it more efficient.

more efficient=hp and mpg :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts