Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question. I picked up an engine stand to work on while i finish my build. I can't find any bolts to get it on there however. What should i use to bolt the engine on the stand while i work on it. Is there something special that i need to be looking for?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
Tranny bolts work great. If they are not long enough, take a tranny bolt and match the threads to something longer.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, someone who is supposedly into hondas went on about needing special bolts and to contact a honda dealer... i had a feeling it would be tranny bolts, much appreciated.

·
Registered
honda del sol
557 Posts
actually I had bad luck using the trany bolts. I had an f22a6 on my stand utilizing the tranny bolts and when i put it up or started to turn a wrench on the engine, the bolt stripped out and the engine kinda sorta fell. They barely go into the bell housing at all.

What I have been using that works great are the thru-hole engine mount bolts(mount-chasis) with two large nuts(I wouldnt use your personal ones, unless you're into that twisted shit) to take up the extra space and they thread all the way in. resulting in a well attached engine to the stand.

in case the type of stand matters, I've got a big red engine stand that I use.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
someone could do a seasch, I've posted pics before......included was my two nuts that I used as spacers.

·
Registered
honda del sol
557 Posts
someone could do a seasch, I've posted pics before......included was my two nuts that I used as spacers.
ah so did you use the engine mount ones before just curious.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just put my a6 on my stand today, I too used tranny bolts, just the 4th bolt I used an extra long what I think was a suspension bolt to bolt the last point since it was just a hole.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
ah so did you use the engine mount ones before just curious.
depends on the head design of the stand. One had long standoffs that required longer bolts, other was short standoffs and OEM bolts fit just fine.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yeah, it really depends upon the stand itself. I've got an older V8 stand with huge/long mounting points, thus I needed the longer special order bolts from Lowes. Cost more than what I paid for the $20 stand! LOL

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts