Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a d16y7 with i/h/e and when i stop and i havet he clutch in i have to like rev my enging a couple times to get my rpms high enough to start moving without sttalling my car i dno if somehtigns wrong or what i was just wondering

tia

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
ugh proof read people...

anyway

Whens the last time your Y7 was tuned up?

plugs, air filter, fuel filter, clean out throttle body/iacv

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the plugs and wires have maby 100 mils on the fuel filter has like 2000 on it the air filter prolly like 4,000 on it and the t/b and intake manifold were cleaned about 200 miles ago

·
Registered
51 Posts
just today i had the same problem but mine were the wires...but check the distributor cap inside and out make sure all the metal is clean where the spark goes too and also check the gap on the plugs too..they should be around .045 - .050 somewhere around there check the filter screens inside the injectors too...but i dont think that could be it

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx

my plugs are bosch platinums 4 point so they dont need gapped am i right>

·
Registered
51 Posts
they come correct right out of the box...one other thing i forgot...in my buddys car when i pulled out his plugs they were covered in oil...maybe from head gasket or valve seals but check and see there is no oil on your plugs all of them

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok ill go check all this stuf rogth now thanx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.