Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Civic Sdn LX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,

I have searched throughout the interwebs and cant find a answer to my problem.

Car is a 95 civic LX. D15b7/5 speed. All Stock. 195k miles.

The car was running great, 39 mpg. Last week I was driving home and noticed it had no power on the highway.

Symptoms: When engine is cold it runs great. Idle is smooth. Can rev it in neutral and in gear it pulls all the way to redline. When the engine gets to operating temp it all changes. The idle has a stumble cant rev above 4k in neutral. In gear it has no power and bogs above 3k. Doesn't sound like a dead miss. When you push the gas pedal down further (when bogging) there is a faint rattle. I'm not sure if the rattle is pinging. I wouldn't think the cat is clogged because of cold performance.

I have replaced the cap/rotor. NGK Plugs and wires. o2 was changed 800miles ago. Timing was checked around that time. The with the idle stumbling the timing is between 14-18btc. Last night I unplugged the o2 and the problem remained the same.

Any advice on where to look? I don't think it would be a fuel problem because it runs fine cold. I'm thinking it has to do with open/closed loop operation. What sensors are ignored in open loop and then activated during closed loop?

Thanks

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
check fuel pressure? during warm up there is an enrichment routine that could mask low fuel pressure.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Check the temp sensor ohm readings when at operating temp and compare them to the FSM and see where you stand, could just be a bad water temp sensor or connector.

·
Registered
1995 Civic Sdn LX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright thank you. I will check fuel pressure tonight. I downloaded the fsm and will check the temp sensor. I was under the impression that the temp sensor just told the system when to switch from closed to open loop. Learning things by the minute!

·
Registered
1995 Civic Sdn LX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Little update. I checked the temp sensor and it was within spec. 2.5kohms ~75°. and 250ohms when at operating temp. I was unable to check fuel pressure, I need to get the correct fitting. I did change the fuel filter though.

I did discover that the hose from the pcv to the "black box" is disconnected. Would this be the cause for my problems? I plan on getting to that this weekend.

Still have the same problems except yesterday if I held it to the floor it would bog down then sputter and catch up. The catch up was only about 1-2 seconds though, was losing speed. All of this is when its warm. Cold it runs great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts