Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up guys need some tech about my bogging problesms. first of all its a 92 civic cx with a d16y7 swap in it rides fine till it starts to bogg when there little gas in it with the guage saying there still a quater tank in it. not sure if its the ecu cause its not the right one that goes with the engine the ecu im running is a p06 ecu not sure if this would cause the problems.ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATE THANKS!!!!..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
not sure of the CEL (check engine light) but every time i start it up it still stays on even when i'm driving it still. before that though it was sitting during winter and couldn't get it to start so had to change the fuel pump after market one i think and a new main relay then got it started. u think it because of the ecu im currently running p06 or dosen't matter.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a Walbro 255 and it does the same thing.Iv never figured out why mine does it.Im thinking it might not be mounted low enough in the tank.I just now that if I go below a half a tank my car runs like shit....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright just checked my cel codes it was throwing 17 which was vss speed sensor and was throwing 41 which was primary oxygen sensor heater. ok 17 far as i know seems fine jumps up and down when i hit a bump tho but works fine and 41 o2 sensor i replaced it with a universal one, so not sure if this is ok but seems fine to me. still cant figure out the problem with the bogging.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
last resort is to check my fuel pump had one replaced with an aftermarket one before but lost my stock one maybe it could be my pump.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pulled out my fuel pump today not sure if its a aftermarket one but there was a
# on there it was E3358 i did some research on it and came out to be interga 93-94 model? correct me if i'm wrong. haven't tried a different fuel pump yet but maybe it's the pump.

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
ok the VSS problem could be...

check the wire clip on it. the pins get pulled out so easy when the motor gets installed. thats prolly your problem.

the o2 problem, well thats just self explanitory. Get a new one off ebay for like 30$

1 - 11 of 11 Posts