Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 hatch
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been doing it ever since i took my ostrich out and used the old chip i had.

I dont know what the map looks like on it because i dont have a chip reader/burner.

But, what happens is while doing 60 in 5th gear, i give it a little gas and it feels like someone is pushing the car back till about 65mph then it picks up and drives like normal.

WOAH DUDE, ITS YOUR TIMING! . . Ignition timing maybe? Fuel map has really low values in light throttle?

Is there anyone around Tacoma that has a chip burner that'd burn me a new chip? Pl0x?

Sorry for the random-ness guys. Its the heineken talking.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
i can't help you read the chip, and don't know who can...but i do have question, why not use the chip that you replaced?

·
Registered
95 hatch
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't replace one. When i got my ecu chipped / socketed it came with a stock p28 map. Then before i had any tuning things "ostrich/cromepro/wideband" i took the chip to a guy and had him add more fuel and crap. . This was before i knew anything about tuning.

Yea i still dont know much, but i do know a random guy won't know the
things you've done to your car and no 2 cars tunes will ever be the same, and adding fuel / timing isn't always good.

WOAH DUDE, Why not use the ostrich? My ribbon cable is bent so a few of the wires aren't making connections so it isn't working correctly.

WOAH DUDE! Buy a new one!

I'm bucking froke. . . .

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
ah i see, can you download the maps that were on the ostrich and put them onto the chip?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
ah well suck...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts