Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got board ,found BMTune

looks a little fishy .

his github has a bunch of offers to crack your software.

ORDER YOUR REGISTRATION

BMTune are available for $20+ USD
lifetime reg is 200$

BMTune is the new tuning software to tune your Honda

This is where the power of dreams become true! Tune your old honda with this new tuning software

Realtime tune with your Moates Demon, Moates Ostrich or simply burn a unlimited amount of Chips !

Tune anys honda you want, fastly and quickly with the new friendly user interface. (limited to obd1 chipped ecu's)

The dreams coming true part sounded good to me.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,922 Posts
Hmm. Haven’t heard of it. The screenshot of the software looks decent. Hard to really make a judgement though without knowing all of the features.

Sounds like this guy either wrote his own software, copied someone else’s, or a combination of both.

If it was a $20 one-time fee I’d give it a whirl but $220 seems like too big of a risk when there are other proven solutions out there.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hmm. Haven’t heard of it. The screenshot of the software looks decent. Hard to really make a judgement though without knowing all of the features.

Sounds like this guy either wrote his own software, copied someone else’s, or a combination of both.

If it was a $20 one-time fee I’d give it a whirl but $220 seems like too big of a risk when there are other proven solutions out there.

https://github.com/bouletmarc/BMTune

free version says realtime works if you have a moats demon.

I don't really like his offers to crack other software for a fee.

Looks like Hondata reskinned.
a little of column a, a little of column b

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is a reskin/ tweak of Calvin Baanks ectune. The kid that did it is Marc Boulet.
It's a legit tuning option. So legit that hondata copied Calvin's work. Not sure I'd pay $200 for it though, I get the feeling there won't much support.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a reskin/ tweak of Calvin Baanks ectune. The kid that did it is Marc Boulet.
It's a legit tuning option. So legit that hondata copied Calvin's work. Not sure I'd pay $200 for it though, I get the feeling there won't much support.
thanks for the input.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
I wonder what Moates tech support person has to say about this. You know, the same person Hondata sued....

He was a member here as well.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder what Moates tech support person has to say about this. You know, the same person Hondata sued....

He was a member here as well.

never understood how you can go about suing somebody over something that is stolen hacked cracked .

lucky for them Honda and keihin are "cool" about it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts