Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that was his crap I guess he's under yet another alias.There has to be something in ebays rules saying you can't have like 10 seller names or accounts at once .I'm sure he does it to cover all hes negative feedbacks.I thought it looked very cool though.Anyone have one similar that will actually last?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Depending on your goals a log manifold will usually suffice...Especially if you are on a budget...there are a couple guys on here that make manifolds...AND TunerToys is about to start selling manifolds:TU:

·
Registered
435 Posts
beware!!!.....here ya go peep these infamous BLURR

Reactions: sohchx

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HOLY SHIT!!! Thanks for changing my mind SEXI not that it wasn't changed before hand.I wouldn't even attempt to re weld that

·
Registered
269 Posts
What's the wall thickness of the tubing on the BLURR manifold? Is it called "blurr" because the guys that produce it are in an alcoholic blur when welding?

EDIT:

Ohh and I like the "Lifetime Warranty" at the top of the listing, followed by "There is a 30 day manufacturer defect warranty. This warranty is void if you modify or alter the item." at the bottom of the listing. I guess they expect everyone that buys the product to die within 30 days of purchase.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I thought that was his crap I guess he's under yet another alias.There has to be something in ebays rules saying you can't have like 10 seller names or accounts at once .I'm sure he does it to cover all hes negative feedbacks.I thought it looked very cool though.Anyone have one similar that will actually last?
I'll be getting a turbo mani on monday that I bought off of ebay. I will post pics and keep d series posted on the durability. I was going to buy a full kit off ebay for testing but decided to wait a little longer.

Is the cracking from lack of bracing, bad engineering or weak material?

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
I'll be getting a turbo mani on monday that I bought off of ebay. I will post pics and keep d series posted on the durability. I was going to buy a full kit off ebay for testing but decided to wait a little longer.

Is the cracking from lack of bracing, bad engineering or weak material?
same here I'm gonna take the manifold to my muffler and have them reinforce it

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is the cracking from lack of bracing, bad engineering or weak material?[/QUOTE]

Probably all 3 hahahah

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
i purchased one of these but would not work in the little ef engine bay so i sold it to my uncle with a 93 dx hatch i would definately reinforce this thing if you dont want it to crack like weld 2 braces from turbo flange to header flange, brace turbo to block and weld the runners that run right on top of each other together, i will keep you guys updated on how the manifold works out for him, as for me im building a schedule 40 log manifold i dont think ill have any problems with that.:TU:

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you are buying any non-log manifold for such a cheap price, you're bound to get a piece of crap. To build it right, with 1/2" flanges and sch40 stainless, you'd spend more on materials than what that thing costs. Judging from the cracking, I'd assume that those aren't even made out of sch10, I'll be they are in the "gauge" sizes.

To quote 98 Red LS - ""You get what you pay for""

Craig

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.