Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seeing if anyone would be down for this. I got a few people interested on the fb d-series group. Its a pretty long drive. From start to end its 575 miles which, according to google maps, will take nearly 17 hours to drive. Its suppose to be an extremely scenic drive. Im thinking sometime around Oct.

Blue Ridge Parkway - Real-time Road Closures

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
I'm down as long as nothing comes up.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,268 Posts
and plenty of cops/park rangers.

17 hours of driving at 35 mph is nuts.

You end up hunting between 3rd and 4th gear. I started near Cherokee NC just off the Newfound Gap road from Gatlinburg TN. I made it about 40 miles before I turned around and went back.

Also not a lot of places to get food or gas along the way and those places JACK up the prices.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Not all of it is 35mph.

End to end it needs to be broken up into 2 days minimum if all you want to do is drive. If you want to stop for pics or outdoors type of stuff you'll need at least 3 days.

This is not a road to do any ridiculous canyon carving on, go on a road course for that. If you want a slow, long scenic drive, then this is a good road for it.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
I like the idea, but it will take me 15 hours to get there just to drive another 15 hours..

If I were in upper florida, id be down.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
and plenty of cops/park rangers.

17 hours of driving at 35 mph is nuts.

You end up hunting between 3rd and 4th gear. I started near Cherokee NC just off the Newfound Gap road from Gatlinburg TN. I made it about 40 miles before I turned around and went back.
Every bit of this!

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm down as long as nothing comes up.
I already know you are.

Not all of it is 35mph.

End to end it needs to be broken up into 2 days minimum if all you want to do is drive. If you want to stop for pics or outdoors type of stuff you'll need at least 3 days.

This is not a road to do any ridiculous canyon carving on, go on a road course for that. If you want a slow, long scenic drive, then this is a good road for it.
I was thinking of doing it Fri, Sat and Sun. We dont have to drive the whole thing either. We can start from the top and work our way down Skyline drive then stop off and do some ziplining or something.

I like the idea, but it will take me 15 hours to get there just to drive another 15 hours..

If I were in upper florida, id be down.
Im coming from central florida area. Your only about 2-3 hours farther than me.

·
Registered
92 Si
178 Posts
I live just off the parkway... There are better roads that are 10x more fun off of the parkway and some have just as good views if not better. you just need to know where you are going. But at the speed limit on the parkway and I don't recommend breaking it, its a federal offense up there.

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live just off the parkway... There are better roads that are 10x more fun off of the parkway and some have just as good views if not better. you just need to know where you are going. But at the speed limit on the parkway and I don't recommend breaking it, its a federal offense up there.
Well then screw you guys. Im going home! lol

Shitting in my corn flakes like that. :taz:

·
Registered
92 Si
178 Posts
Don't mean to, just fair warning. I'd hate to get a federal offense for speeding... Let alone drag racing... Know a whole bunch of people who got caught for the later on the parkway

1 - 11 of 11 Posts