Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question
i switched my car over from obd0 to obd1 via the rywire harness. i now have the orange and blue wires left, it says to hook them up to a toggle switch so i can check the codes through the check engine light on the dash. one side to orange, one to blue...on my toggle switch there is power, acc, and ground. how do i go about hooking them up correctly to this toggle switch? do i need to run a ground? or a power to it? or just hook up the orange to one tab and blue to other and call it a day? the answer is probably too easy for me to get at right now.

thanks
ryan

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know i know, its just marked with 3 tabs, power, ground, and accessory. do i need to hook a ground or power up? which tabs do i hook the blue and orange to? i feel retarded that i cant do this and i just wired up my boost and oil pressure gauges w/o problem.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
the reason your switch has 3 tabs is its a illuminated one, the 3rd tab is so the switch can light up, just find out which of the 2 tabs on the switch have continuity when the switch is on and use them.

·
Registered
88' honda civic
467 Posts
the reason your switch has 3 tabs is its a illuminated one, the 3rd tab is so the switch can light up, just find out which of the 2 tabs on the switch have continuity when the switch is on and use them.
^X2, no power needed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts