Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
hey guys whats up, i used to have a boosted hx coupe until a guy at work rear ended my car. i bought a 99 ex sedan about 2 weeks ago completely stock for 4000, yesterday i removed all my stock stuff and swapped it for my function and form type 2 and camber kits.

Exterior
-drag dr-41 +40mm
- will install my vibrant performance muffler when i go turbo

Suspension
-function and form type 2
-buddy club front and rear camber kits
-buddy club titanium colored lower control arms

Motor
-stock d16y8
-BOOST PARTS
------------------
-go autoworks v2 cast manifold and down pipe
-garrett t3 60 trim .42/.48ar
-chipped ecu from xenocron
-xenocron obd2b-obd1 conversion harness
-FIC 525cc(fuel injector clinic) injectors
-go autoworks catchcan and welded valve cover
-hks ssqv3 bov
-turbosmart 7psi black wastegate
-turbosmart manual boost controller
-ebay fmic
-home made charge piping

Interior
- superbrightleds greed led gauge cluster
-superbrightleds green climate control
- glowshift 7 color boost/vacuum gauge
-glowshift 7 color oil pressure
-will be buying innovate motorsports DB green lc-2 wideband to replace my poopy slow glowshift wideband
-oem honda floor mats

boost
- soon enough this will be boosted, need to sell a few things that were on my coupe since it didnt have ac and my sedan does. then i need to purchase the ac compatible stuff

the day i got it

and this is how she sits now

·
Registered
316 Posts
Looks good! I didn't mind losing a/c til summer hit here lol. I'm going to figure out some way to get it back in there eventually but mine is slightly more complicated than most lol

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
thanks guys, it does look very well kept but the guy said his wife paid 180$ to get it detailed. i think he got it detailed to make people exited how clean it is and forget about anything else and just buy it, because i drove it 300 miles home and a cel popped on for cat converter which im sure he reset the ecu.

here are some more pictures

and i decided to change it up from blue gauge lights to green and i love it, my glowshift gauges have 7 colors so i will have matching green gauges and climate control here soon

also here is my coupe for anyone who hasnt seen it yet, was an awesome car not one problem in 4 years that left me stranded. was super clean beside the paint and a few dents but my sedan is so much nicer in every way

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got some led put into my center console and installed my new db lc1 gauge and pillar pod, nothing is hooked up right now as i have to wait to boost my car since i now owe 1200$ in taxes

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my manifold and oil feed / return from goautoworks, he made me a special kit because I wanted an all black feed firewall kit and return. All I need now is downpipe and a tune, thinking I will use my y5 tune as my basemap for my y8.

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldnt know from experience lol but boost is great and ac is nice (ive never had working ac in a car) so im assuming boost+ac=sex lol. Hopefully in a month I can have this together, I just sold my rods and had to buy new plug wires. Hopefully plug wires are whats causing my car to make weird noises and I dont need a new motor or something

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I wouldnt know from experience lol but boost is great and ac is nice (ive never had working ac in a car) so im assuming boost+ac=sex lol. Hopefully in a month I can have this together, I just sold my rods and had to buy new plug wires. Hopefully plug wires are whats causing my car to make weird noises and I dont need a new motor or something
Hell ya.
You can show off your car to her all day long but if she starts to get hot. Then no hanky Panky for you. And if you mess up your girls hair it's over lol.

But yea it's like having a factory boosted car. Cold ac and power at your foot.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Right on! Turbo ftw!

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya the coupe was nice when I first got it but owning it for 4 years and putting alot of miles on it it had some cosmetic flaws. I loved the spoiler and I have thought about putting it on my sedan but idk, ive seen sedans with the tall spoiler but not sure if I like it, seems to be cleaner without one though? As soon as I get the turbo on this car I probably wont do much more since im buying a house, maybe a lip and si grill.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Congratulations on the house! Lol you have to put boards down to get your car down in to your garage and i have to put boards down to get up into my garage.

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks guys and yes it sucks having to put shit down to get in a garage, you think people would design shit better lol. the house is 1250 sq foot and the garage is 1200 so i have plenty of room

1 - 20 of 211 Posts