Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok boys, very simple here. I'm looking at all of the above.

Which you would choose and why? Here are my opinions.

Blox - Great price, looks just like skunk2 original model

Skunk2 - Known for good product, heard made good power

Edelbrock - Pricey but have heard nothing but good things.

Please leave feedback, money is not as much of a factor as most, but don't get me wrong, I'm a person, money is good.

Thanks greatly boys.
Levi

Reactions: dkid15

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
In the review of the blox it got thumbs up. The edelbrock is pricy and the skunk has minor fitment issues. Id goes blox good deaL.

Reactions: EG8SIR

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I was going for a street NA setup, then blox, for boost, Edelbrock.
Reasoning please. I'm just wondering why you say this.

I'm leaning toward the blox, as I can use the extra money for my cam, and even more of the money toward good headwork.

Thanks, keep the suggestions coming guys. I was thinking the Edelbrock, but I don't think it will be worth the 160 bucks more.

·
Registered
13 Posts

I'm leaning toward the blox, as I can use the extra money for my cam, and even more of the money toward good headwork.

Thanks, keep the suggestions coming guys. I was thinking the Edelbrock, but I don't think it will be worth the 160 bucks more.
Thanks to the F'd up Victor X manifold for B Series that Edelbrock made, everyone thinks that Edelbrock manifolds only work on high horsepower turbo cars, since that's basicly what the Victor X was designed for.

The Performer X intake manifold by Edelbrock works on both N/A and turbo cars from stock to 400+hp applications. It makes 4-5 whp on a stock D series car over the factory intake manifold. I still haven't seen any dyno graphs of how either the Skunk or the Blox intake manifold compare to the stock manifold. Can't seem to find any of those manifolds for some reason.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If I was going for a street NA setup, then blox, for boost, Edelbrock.

I had the Victor X manifold in mind when I said that... seeing as Edelbrock doesn't seem to make a Victor X mani for d-series... I guess I would have to say I would go for Blox... manly because of price and I've had good luck with them on a bunch of b-series builds.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had the Victor X manifold in mind when I said that... seeing as Edelbrock doesn't seem to make a Victor X mani for d-series... I guess I would have to say I would go for Blox... manly because of price and I've had good luck with them on a bunch of b-series builds.
No they don't make a Victor X manifold, but they make the Performer X. That is what I was talking about.

Still a toss up boys...now really between Blox and Edelbrock.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.