Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
crx
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience with this piece of kit?? I recently picked up a DC 4-1 one piece header for my d16a6 and thought I'd ask if anybody had a similar setup with a test pipe/cat delete?? This is all going on my 89' crx si.
Since I don't have to worry about smog inspection I'm pretty much free to do what I want.

I'd just like to know if there are any members on the boards running a test pipe? If so was it a pain to install ex: flanges not lining up, wrong diameter etc..

Thanks for any info guys!

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I've used them before. The are pretty straight forward as far as installing. Just try to get one that uses a twist-able flange/flare at either end. It will make lining up the bolts much easier.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Just grab and ebay "cat" they are basically a cherry bomb style glasspack and bolt into place where your stock cat was.

·
Registered
crx
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OH and it's all feeding into a HKS sport exhaust. which is a 2.25 diameter... correct me if I'm wrong. THANKS GUYS, It's much appreciated!

·
Registered
crx
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's true also. I'll keep my options open, I'll see what I have to work with once I have the DC one piece header installed. I don't mind keeping the cat, was just wondering if any of you were running a test pipe. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Negative. in 20+years of civic users being online, no one has ever used a testpipe......

Come on man. search. decat=shitty noise

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
Negative. in 20+years of civic users being online, no one has ever used a testpipe......

Come on man. search. decat=shitty noise
mine doesn't sound shitty. but then again I also retained my silencer in the 4 inch tip ;)

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
I just used a 3" cat that was compact for use in vettes.

worked fine for me

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Everytime Ive ever killed the cat, Ive had to redo the muffler and resonator to make it sound good.

But then Im usually stupid enough to start at the muffler and work forward, which kills my wallet lol

THis time around, Im doing proper. Killed the cat, now to grab the Yonaka catback, and maybe Ill grab an extra testpipe and have a small glasspack welded in it

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Everytime Ive ever killed the cat, (see at this point, I was thinking ahead and lost the point)it has hit my muffler and I had to get my exhaust rebuilt is all I read.
...I might have got high at lunch if we are speaking theoretically.

:bong:

·
Registered
crx
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I did do quite of searching and from what I've read it's that since I'm not boosted or set up for drag there's really no gain in removing the cat... And that Hondas stock cats actually flow pretty well. Interesting

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
They flow okay for mild all motor builds (usualyl just a small cam, boltons, and a tune)

if going turbo, no need for the stock cat. Grab an aftermarket 3" high flow. Many are still under $300, flow good, and still meet emissions requirements if that is something you wish to maintain.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts