Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic Ex
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wats up guys! been a long time since i been on here!!! lol
i'm planning to go turbo on my z6 so i'm saving money for it and also plan to build my block with a piston and rod kit from fjdistributor.com. and put a blox stage 2 camshaft. my question is... could i install this camshaft without changing out my valvetrain? wats the highest stage i can go with my z6 stock valve train?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
There is little to no info on those Blox cams regarding longevity. I'd bypass that "ebay" cam for like a Delta or something better.

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic Ex
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really? dang... well wats the highest stage i can go without having to change the valvetrain?

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
I'm running a blox stage 3 cam at the moment.... I can't really say how it's going to hold up but so far so good. (1000 km). I was impressed with the cam, the packaging was good, overall look was good and everything measured nice and consistent. They included a cam card in the box so degreing wasn't to bad.

At the price point it's hard to be beat, delta has them beat tho. It's an NA grind so power maybe slightly peakey up top as compared to a turbo grind.

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic Ex
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
N/A i have a friend that has a stage 3 and hasn't had any problems. but would i have problems when i go turbo is the question... i've asked friends of mine but they don't know cuz they all have b-series motors... except for my friend with that stage 3. where can i find this delta cam?

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
I really hate it when people refer to everything in "stages"

there is no universal measurement for stages of performance regarding aftermarket parts.

You need to stop worrying about what "stage" cam you can get, and worry about the actual specs of the cam. If you worried about gettting springs, then you need to focus mainly on the LIFT of the cam, and the RPM it is designed to be revved to, to make peak power....

If you going to put a cam in, why arent you going to do springs anyways? its the perfect time.....

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic Ex
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah... well i was asking stages cuz when i look for cams online it says wat stage it is, don't know why. but how can i check the specs/lift on it?

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
I really hate it when people refer to everything in "stages"

there is no universal measurement for stages of performance regarding aftermarket parts.

You need to stop worrying about what "stage" cam you can get, and worry about the actual specs of the cam. If you worried about gettting springs, then you need to focus mainly on the LIFT of the cam, and the RPM it is designed to be revved to, to make peak power....

If you going to put a cam in, why arent you going to do springs anyways? its the perfect time.....
i think my signature states it the best. lol.

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Delta FTW! Give them a call they can tell what would be best for your setup. then send them your cam and it will be done quickly. Heard nothing but great things about Delta.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts