Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 civic cx cdm
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, first of i am new here so i'm not sure if i am posting this in the right section.

anyways, today i was driving my canadian market 93 eh2 (cx d15b7) and all of a sudden i hear something blowing under the hood with a metallic noise from parts hitting walls and whatnot. next thing, check engine light goes on and temperature gauge goes up to max and beyond. luckily i was just driving around the block testing the recent coolant flush, so i could drive back home and park. then i pop up the hood and look at the engine. seemed fine until i look on the side and see that the water pump gear has popped out making a hole in the timing belt cover. obviously i will need to replace the water pump but anyone has an idea why this happened?

Btw as soon as i figure out how post a picture i will

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
What he said, buy a timing belt kit, look up how to replace, and get to work.

A few tips,

Have a timing light handy,

Mark the VC and cams, avoid the issues of valves and pistons dirty dancing,

Make sure you understand how to remove the slack out of the long side of the belt.

There are a few really good write ups(google) and videos(you tube) around to change the timing belt and water pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
first off .. more pics !!!
second , it's worth re-iterating
Make sure you understand how to remove the slack out of the long side of the belt.
FSM says , all to TDC
w/ tensioner adjust bolt loose.
put a wrench on crank n rotate till cam moves 3 teeth.
hold it tight there, and tighten tensioner adjust , done ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts