Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I am a noob to the site, but not Hondas. I know yall like pics and build threads...So I figure I would show off my $40 purchase.....

Here it sits ready to be molested a little,

Here's the hole in the block

The plugs that came out of this motor

Under the valve cover

On the engine stand

Oil strainer clogged with metal, even one of the foot legs was bent

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Broken Main Girdle

What use to be a rod cap

Look close and you can see how F'd the crank is

Notice how discolored the bearings are, and the broken girdle

Broken rod and piston has a crack in the side skirt

Rod actually knocked a nice chunk out of the cylinder wall

I will be doing a Vitara build with another motor I purchased the other day. :bigok:

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
well you can count on the block being unusable.
someone decided not to ever change the oil. thats bad.
where did you get this thing?

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah, I bought it knowingly....Had a full uncut harness on it, along with ALL accessories. I really just bought it to "Practice" on. I wanna build and spec this one on my own. I have done plenty of swaps, just never built anything from scratch. So I picked up another Full Swap z6 yesterday to start building.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
I bought a head from a guy once, got it here, opened the box, and it looked just like that...maybe worse..., the only diff I guess was mine was said to be in good shape. Its on the mockup motor now.

You've got yourself a great practice motor :bigok:

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
that oil looks like grease.. lazy ass people these days cant even change the oil

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
that oil looks like grease.. lazy ass people these days cant even change the oil
my boss bought a jeep from a guy and they changed the VC gasket one day at work and i saw in the head and at the point had never personally saw sludge.
walked up to it and was like whats in the head? stuck my finger in it and holy shit it felt like straight mud.
couldnt believe it. and the thing still runs. i think

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
While we're on the subject of sludge and oil....I found it interesting that all the bearings closest to the oil pump were the ones showing wear signs. The one farthest from the pump looked clean as could be.....Any theories or input on that?

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
clogged oil passages???
I was thinking along those same lines....But, figured the closer bearings would be less likely to clog. Owell, I have a block I can practice notching, and an oil pump to practice porting on. Are z6 guys still porting oil pumps?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yep, if nothing else it's a good paperweight to practice disassembly on. Plus it would appear you have a few good parts off of it...so nice purchase!

·
Premium Member
92 civic cx hatch
1,012 Posts
I bought a head from a guy once, got it here, opened the box, and it looked just like that...maybe worse..., the only diff I guess was mine was said to be in good shape. Its on the mockup motor now.

You've got yourself a great practice motor :bigok:
i had one of those heads as well arrive :(

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stopped by Honda Friday and picked up some gaskets and a couple other little things to start piling in the corner for this build.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts