Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a jdm d15b non vtec, i ordered a z6 head but i need to know what head gasket to get and what head bolts to get, also since i blew the rings i'm going to need new stuff so any ideas on what pistons i should get also what is my compression going to be? Anything else i should know before i put this head on i have the new timing belt already, i know i need the vtec ecu and harness but what else

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
there are plenty of compression calculators out there on the good ol web, just type it in the search bar.... as far as pistons, all depends on if your going turbo, or high compression/nitrous.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm going to be building an n/a motor, i want high compression but i dont know what combo of rods and pistons will or wont hit my valves, how do i tell

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If your useing the standard D15 stock length 134mm rods you cna go with PDN pistons from a `98 GX, a Y8 head gasket, deck the block .020", and a .25mm over bore and your come up a hair under 11:1. Deck the block .050" and your a hair under 12:1.

If your use the longer 137mm D15Z1 rod you can use PMS pistons from a `01 GX and get around 10.85:1 with no milling and about 11.8:1 if you mill the deck .030".

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It's always a good idea, but I'm fairly sure there's no issues with the setups I mentioned. Haven't actually tried it though so better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
yeah, I figured I'd chime in only cuz the constants we know of his build are the possible rod lengths he could use, and the block and head, but since he never said what cam he intended on using.....:)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah, but if your putting in a larger cam and doing all the other wirk your probebly going to clay the motor as it is. If you don't know to do it you deserve what happens.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'll defenatly clay it. I just wanted to get an idea before i order, i'd hate to order parts and then find out they wont work. wasted money and time then i'd have to order new parts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well it looks like im going to go with z6 head, jdm d15b block, pms pistons, y8 head gasket, and if i'm not mistakin my factory rods are 137mm with 48mm crank right? basically i have a d16 rod and crank, can anyone verify this?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I think most people on here would say you can go as high as 12:1 with a tune on 91, but it's pushing it, I'd stay at 11:1 with tune if you don't want to spend the bucks for the high octane race fuels....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts