Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my rear coilover shock is blown . Would the Tokico blue shock be a good replacement? Or what would go well with the skunk 2? Thanks

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Koni Oranges are also a good upgrade path.

Id put more faith into Koni over Junk2 anyways. Better quality control for one thing..

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
No. Tokico shocks are stock replacement, not good for lowering. Wanna upgrade go koni yellow.
Tokico shocks are to good for lowering, they also the only lower shock that I know of with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I had Tokico HP's like 10 years ago and they were great, I have full bodied coilovers now. I thought Koni wont warranty anything used for what they are sold for?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,380 Posts
they say buddy club on them......are you seriously in doubt? if you are, then order new from a dealer. don't make it harder than it has to be. I think you've already dodged a red dot once

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they say buddy club on them......are you seriously in doubt? if you are, then order new from a dealer. don't make it harder than it has to be. I think you've already dodged a red dot once
Some dude selling them on Craigslist
His gonna send me more pics later . He is selling them for only 300$

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Those are Buddy Club's but those are for 88/ITR trailing arms

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Koni will warranty shocks that were lowered on. They warrantied my old yellows on h&r sports.
I'm sure its one of those "Didn't ask, so don't tell" things but the Yellows are supper popular for auto-x yet if you use them you are voiding the warranty according to Koni

Attachments

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
Koni will warranty shocks that were lowered on. They warrantied my old yellows on h&r sports.
Careful there, KONI has rules.

PS: Lee Grimes (CRX Lee) @ KONI-NA is a customer of mine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts