Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Crx Si
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 98ek hatch today to flip but I was told that it has a wiring problem.
The guy was telling me that he put like 2 different motors in the car but they would just stop running after like a week.

What I want to know is what do you guys recommend me to do. The car is obd2 I believe its a zc motor. Now I don't want to swap in another motor and see if it dies or not so what should I do?

Should I pull out the entire under dash harness and motor harness and just get new stuff or what ? Ive never came across a wire problem that blows up motors! o_O!

·
Registered
89 Crx Si
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP!

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Are the motors Blowing up or just not starting?

·
Registered
89 Crx Si
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bought the car today so im not 100% sure. This kid was telling they swapped a few motors in it. He smelled frying. But doesn't know from where. I looked at the motor but there was no holes. He said he never saw smoke either.They just took the head apart but he didn't even know his friends did that. Anyways got a great deal on it. If I can fix it ill make maybe like 6-700 off of it after the money I spend to fix it

·
Registered
89 Crx Si
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump

·
Registered
Sl2,Cx Hatch
646 Posts
Check the car out for basic things first like fuel and spark. Then Timing and see if it will start. Also Fluids and codes.....

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
If he smelled wires burning it sounds like an electrical short. Maybe an exposed wire or poor grounding. I doubt it's the engines failing. If he keeps popping motors then he's an idiot for not getting to the real problem

·
Registered
2001 TL1000R
509 Posts
BEST way to fix it would be swap out the wiring; all of it- probably a little easier to search for the short though- has every engine been run off the same ECU? maybe its that- do some checking

1 - 10 of 10 Posts