Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
My sister in laws heater stopped working today. From what she told me it was working this morning on her way to work, when she left work today the blower did not work. I checked the fuse under the dash and it seems to be fine, and checked the blower motor fuse under the hood and it doesnt look blown, I also swapped the relay for the rear defroster (not sure if it works or not) with the one for the blower motor and still nothing. Is there anything I am missing that I should check or something that I can do to test it. Its gonna be pretty tough for her to take her son to school in the mornings with no heat so I need to try and fix it for her asap.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there anyway to check the blower with out removing it?

·
Registered
92 hatchback
1,517 Posts
i had the same problem, it ended up being the actual relay box under the hood that went bad.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had the same problem, it ended up being the actual relay box under the hood that went bad.
so you had to replace the entire relay box> as in the box right next to the battery

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
I would guess it is the blower motor resistor that "resides" in the top of the fan housing, if you drop the glove box and look at the top of the box that holds the fan you will see a "square" plug wit 4-5 wires in it, unplug this and remove the part that the wire plugs into, this is the resistor. if any of the "coils/wires" on the inside of this are burnt or broken then that is where your problem lies.

·
Registered
943 Posts
is there anyway to check the blower with out removing it?
You can check for power and ground at the motor. That should help narrow down the problem.

I would guess it is the blower motor resistor that "resides" in the top of the fan housing, if you drop the glove box and look at the top of the box that holds the fan you will see a "square" plug wit 4-5 wires in it, unplug this and remove the part that the wire plugs into, this is the resistor. if any of the "coils/wires" on the inside of this are burnt or broken then that is where your problem lies.
If the blower resisters were bad the fan motor should still run when the switch is in the fastest position.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
funny thing is though, that on my 92 it would not run at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts