Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So after searching like 40 pages of Google and coming up with nothing, I decided to ask you smart folks! I've got a 94 civic ex. The blower motorhas acted funny ever since I bought the car about 8 months ago. If I turn the key to the on position and let it sit for a few seconds before starting and have the fan switch on any setting besides off the fan will start but when I start the car it's no longer blowing. If I turn the car off and then quickly start it the fan will blow. If the fan is blowing, and I push the rear defrost button, it'll stop. then i have to turn the defrost off, and turn the car off, and quickly start it again. Sometimes have to turn it off and start it again a few times in order for the fan to work after I push the rear defrost button. I have no idea where to start with it. So I need some ideas. Thanks in advance!

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
A multi meter and some time will be required to find the problem. Start by testing the connection at the blower motor and make sure that when it isn't working that you aren't getting the 12v to the wire. If you have 12v at the wire and the fan isn't working then you have a bad blower motor, if not then you will need to trace the problem further back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
BeerDrinkin is definitely on the right path.
I'm not sure how accessible the blower motor is in the EG chassis, but try slapping the motor if you can.
If it turns on/changes speed, the motor is on its last leg.

The resistor failing is a go/no-go type of deal.
There would not be any intermittent issues, it would just work at one speed (typically full speed as the resistor is bypassed in this setting)

You can find service manuals here: Manuals - Downloads - Hondahookup.com
Download the one for your car and follow the flow diagram for the blower motor.
It takes out all the guess work and tells you what you need to test for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts