Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can you tell if a blow off valve is going bad,mine has started to give me surging issues,and i noticed its non-adjustable.Its a turbo xs type h.I have a new turbo in the mail and i do not want to trash it because of this blow off valve.Also when its hooked up it makes my car surge,and if disconnect the vacum line to it,the car stops surging. Not to mention now when i drive,and come to a stop the car shuts off,like the rpms start flucatating to the point where it just shuts off.

I hooked it up to the nipple on the back of the intake,and it make my turbo get compressor surge like hell,now it routed along with the pcv valve,and it makes my car surge.

So opinions please.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guessing it have no diagram like the ebay type H bov. Maybe it just need to be lube up.
I tried cleaning it out and using a lube at work,did nothing.Im thinking its a timing issue, howeve when i advance the timing to give it more vacum,it starts mis-firing.

Also if i start messing with the ignition timing will that mess up my tune?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
judging by the surge when its hooked up id say the bov is shot or leaky inside. or maybe the line that goes to it has a hole in it? def a vacuum leak. i wouldnt mess with the timing at all.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya im about to order one,but not sure which one to go with,I have the turbo xs flange and want to stick with it,but im only finding ones that operate between 8-25 pounds,im running 8.7 and i think thats why im getting issues with it?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
you are running boost in the usable range of the blow off valve... and you think its a problem? idk doesnt add up to me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well its a knock off,it came on the piping.I looked on ebay and they have some that range from 8-25 and identical ones which range from 10-25.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
oh i see.

yeah my vote goes towards the knock off. my rfl knock off worked decently... idk what i would do in your position. depending on how much you wanna spend id invest in a nice name brand bov or something like a dsm/bosch.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh i see.

yeah my vote goes towards the knock off. my rfl knock off worked decently... idk what i would do in your position. depending on how much you wanna spend id invest in a nice name brand bov or something like a dsm/bosch.
Ya id love to,im just going to get the legit xs type h, so i dont have to weld on a new flange.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts