Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was taking my engine apart last night and i noticed the block was chipped on 2 cylinders. can this be fixed or am i screwed?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/Bumpysbro/pic010808_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/Bumpysbro/pic010808_2.jpg

the girl who had it before me left the engine in a total mess. no coolant all water in the radiator. low oil, brakes were shot. engine was completely out of tune. looks like it had a new head gasket. doesnt this happen with really high cylinder temps or a lack of coolant around the cylinders.
jon

·
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all right, ya ill go look around to see if anyone has a used a6 block around here. thanks for the quick response. nice crx by the way

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
i wouldnt use that motor...

my x girl bought a civic and it was fine on test drive the next day it was overheating and i noticed it was shooting white smoke.. so i pulled the head to do a head gasket and i noticed that it was like that too where its chipped on the cylinder walls..

i shaved the head and put a headgasket and it still blew white steam.. not as bad.. but still did it.. i had to put water in it everywhere i went..

just get a new block.. i guess the moral of my story is lol :)

·
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha ya same here. drove it home fine and after idling it starting spewin white smoke i thought it was a headgasket. ya sucks, but glad i found out before i started rebuilding it. how common is this with these blocks?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If you know someone that can weld aluminum you could have that welded then just have it re-decked but its prolly cheaper to just get a new block.

·
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wish i live in CA. if anyone knows somone who has an extra d16a6 block that could ship it to me. ima go look at some places online tomorrow. haha ya or maybe some school glue and see what happens haha.

·
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is there any difference between the d16z6 and the a6 block? i see lots of z6 block on ebay but no a6. and will the cradle from the a6 work with the z6 block. thanks
Jon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts