Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about ready to build my block but wanted to make sure I'm replacing everything I need to. I've purchased Pistons, rods, bearings. About to order oil pump, timing belt. Is there anything else I should replace on the block? Such as any gaskets or seals or any other thing. Please let me know as I would like to order these items soon.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
forgot to put that down, I know I have one somewhere in the garage, just have to find it.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yeah, get a complete gasket kit! Hate to see a freshly rebuilt block start to leak because of crappy old gaskets...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would those $50 eBay kits be good? Or do I have to go OEM? Does Honda even sell a complete bottom end gasket kit for a z6?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
OEM is obviously best, but @ $100/120+? When the Ebay complete (block, head, etc) gasket kits are $60-70... I'm going with an Ebay kit once I get my new home and have a garage to do everything in.

Good luck!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay, thanks for the help. I think I will give the eBay kit a try. Unless, someone has had a horrible experience using them.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I posted a thread either on here or Turbod16 about a complete I was looking at getting... No one said it was bad or they had a bad experience. i'm sure you'll be fine.

Just use the OEM HG though!

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Timing belt tensioner & spring, oil jet ring (if needed), new crank bolt, F&R main seals

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
timing belt tensioner? I was going to get a new belt but didn't realize I needed that also? Is that it must? the kit will come with most of the other seals I think.

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
id grab a crankcase gasket set it should come with everything you need for the block. and if you are boosting look into some ARP headstuds as well.

im sure you can find a OEM Ishino gasket set from one of the many online oem parts dealers that are far cheaper than the dealer. just look here, im not sure what engine you are building but his set is for a Z6
http://replacement.autopartswarehouse.com/parts/autopartswarehouse/wizard.jsp?year=1995&make=HO&model=CVC-SI-003&category=All&part=Crankcase Gasket Set&dp=false
free shipping too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts