Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i decided to bring my block home from my girlfriends garage to begin notching the cylinders for the tuner toy h-beams...i've searched on here and haven't really found to much concerning the stuff used and how to do it. so if anyone can help me out (i.e. stuff used, pics?, and maybe a little guidence) that would be awesome

thanks guys...

also if anyone took theirs to a shop how much would i expect to pay for them to do it?:TU:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i used to think that was har but its easy
get a grinder or a rotorzip and strat ginding
i think is 1/4 of a inch across and 3/4 down the cylinder
and on the griddle just grind a little in the center
but icoul dbe wrong on the 1/4 or 3/4 double check on that or just meshure he with of the rods easy

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i remember seeing that site...i just tried using my dremel tool and it took ages lol. well maybe like a minute but i need something with more power

about how long did it take you to do it??

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
yah get a nice thick stone it took me 30 minutes to finish all of it thats about it make shure u dont leave anye sharp edges smooth them out

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
how much does some charge to do this shit, or is it really that easy, you need to do that shit your self.

I wish I still had block at my house to practice on..... I need to cop a piece of shit and practice.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Just grab some random metal and practice...really nothing to it.

X2 on the carbide bit. You can find them at Sears, Lowes, HD, etc etc.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Just grab some random metal and practice...really nothing to it.

X2 on the carbide bit. You can find them at Sears, Lowes, HD, etc etc.
for the life of me I couldn't find a carbide bit at HD

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
^Well, if you haven't noticed the very same retail business can stock different merch. at different stores. I'm sure I spotted at least one at Lowes though...they just so happen to be the closest to where I live, so they get me business. LOL

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
well its really easy i CALLED RS MACHINES AND THEY WERE CHARGING Me 150 plus get the block hot tank or w/e i was like hell nah thats money going to waste

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i just called a local machine shop and they want the following

60 to notch the block and crank girdle
10 dollars to hot tank the block
20 dollars to put my head on the cleaning bench and clean up the valves

so im looking at about 100 all together to get it done

good price?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea when he told me the prices i was like...hmm yea mark me in the book

also for a 3 angle valve job with a mild port and polish its 125 so im thinking about getting that done

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea i know but my buddy just got his gti head back from them and it looked sooo nice

but for 125 it really cant be beat seeing that my friend got the work done for that price

idk im thinking spending the 200 on getting the head worked and the block notched and seeing other machine shops wanting 150 for just notching i feel like its a good deal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts