Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Live in mass looking to bore n home n deck my block trying to find cheapest machine shops in Massachusetts Rhode Island or Connecticut need help

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
You really need help looking for phone numbers to machine shops that you can call and find out basic prices for basic services? Get off your ass and fucking look.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have called shops but people obviously know of little shops or friends that do shit like that but ur obviously smarter than me cuz I didn't think of that

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,306 Posts
napa. hell maybe pep boys.

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
Ask any reputable shop, they all usually take it to a cheap or well known shop. I found out by asking a manager at auto zone. Any autoparts store like slo eg8 said you can ask their manager and they usually have a guy.

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
talk to wicked performance group up in manchester NH, dont think they do machine work but thats who i'd trust to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Step 1) Find ANY performance shop.

Step 2) Ask where they go for machine work

Step 3) make a list

Step 4) DECIDE

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,748 Posts
Find a machine shop that can handle the small bore setup tooling. Most are setup for the large bore (3.5" and bigger) and it is a MAJOR tooling change to do D series bores.

Most shops will stack them in a corner until it is worthwhile to do a batch run after a tooling change, even have a weekend guy to do the small bores, then switch it all back to "normal" for the rest of the month.

Yes, I have hauled Honda "stuff" to an "Engine Masters" shop to be machined.

Tony @ BES....

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Instead of finding the cheapest place, perhaps you are better off to find a good place with a good reputation. Unless you are ok with doing it twice and paying twice, and wasting a whole fuck load of time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts