·
Registered
5,015 Posts
use a OEM oil warmer to warm the engine quicker with coolant

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no problem with just waiting but, just thinking of some new things to improve the car

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
i dont think it will improve much. i personally dont think you should be beating on the car till its up to operrating temp. and the heater will not getit that warm.

·
Registered
Sl2,Cx Hatch
646 Posts
i dont think it will improve much. i personally dont think you should be beating on the car till its up to operrating temp. and the heater will not getit that warm.
This, i just putt around untill the temp makes it to the normal spot and is at that leval for a few min. Then it's GAME ON!!! lol

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Its actually better for the engine to have a block heater than it is to drive around to operating temp. Its not only easier on the engine but it also saves you gas. I'd get one fo sho...

course, it depends on where you live too :p

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i live in sunny california, it still takes my a few minutes for engine to warm up, i just want sooner time to game on!

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
i live in sunny california, it still takes my a few minutes for engine to warm up, i just want sooner time to game on!
running rich much? I remember when i first got my D15B swap I would drive all the way to work (60 or so miles away) in the morning and it would never warm up. Then I chipped the P28 ECU with P08 maps and everything got warm in the time it should and I got better gas mileage. Right now I have an integra radiator and my car still warms up fairly quickly and it's at 14.7~ AFR at idle.. So I say there is an underlying problem. Perhaps the thermostat is stuck open?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its not running to rich, still need to add my 1000cc injectors and boost solinoid before its go time, and the thermo is new so thats prob not it

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
if you lived in minnesota it would be useful but not living in cali.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
I get it...warm the engine up, let the oil thin out a bit before you pump it through your turbo and whatnot...but unless your area regularly gets below 20°F then you're just being overly paranoid IMO. Buy the right viscosity oil for your environment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts