·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
GE ftw

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but i read in other forums of hondas and say the block guars cause damage in the sleeves.. is true???
i need now this information before built my engine because i want 20 psi :shocked: and is a big money

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
block guards hinder cooling. honda uses the open deck design for really good cooling. its why our engine can run at 7000 rpm beating on it all day and still be good. by installing the block guard u reduce the coolant flow in the cylinder head which can cause problems. its really un necessary unless u plan to see 450+

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
your prolly looking at 320 i wouldn't go with a block guard. cooling the block> over heating

·
11,892 Posts
GE's design is the only one that has an acceptable cooling design. there have been plenty of members on here that have run a GE guard and had no problems. If you want it for piece of mind then I don't see what it could hurt. Just have the blockguard installed properly and you should fine.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
GE's design is the only one that has an acceptable cooling design. there have been plenty of members on here that have run a GE guard and had no problems. If you want it for piece of mind then I don't see what it could hurt. Just have the blockguard installed properly and you should fine.
I run a GE block gaurd with no over heating problem.With a good block gaurd design and correct installation there are really no issues.That being said,It's been proven that it's not really needed to run one.Insurance I guess.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts

·
11,892 Posts
what has two thumbs and runs ge block guards with no issues? **points at self** this guy. :D
Yeah I was pretty sure you were running the GE guard.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

i buy golden eagle

this is others design

what do you think??:mikej:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts